If you are a woman, you are likely to experience natural menopause between the age of 40 and 58. This natural occurrence signifies the end of your childbearing years. It also marks the beginning of an exciting chapter of later adulthood. Once you have reached menopause, your body stops producing estrogen, and you may experience adverse symptoms. Thus, you should consider getting holistic hormone replacement therapy (HHRT).
What is Holistic Hormone Replacement Therapy?
This therapy aims at balancing progesterone and estrogen levels during the menopausal period. These two hormones control your monthly cycles and have significant effects on the health of your heart, bones, and vagina. If your body no longer makes these two hormones, you need to replace them with plaestrogens.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy has gained overwhelming popularity in recent years following concerns about the side effects of conventional hormone replacement therapy. Thus, most women prefer natural, plant-based options.
Through holistic hormone replacement therapy, you can receive plant hormones that mimic four main female hormones:
These four hormones administered through HHRT have the same molecular structure and function as the ones produced by your body. They are also believed to have fewer side effects than conventional hormone replacement therapies.
Do You Need Estrogen Treatment?
Estrogen production slows down as you age or due to an underlying health condition. Some women go through menopause without experiencing any distracting symptoms. However, others experience severe side effects.
You should seek holistic hormone replacement therapy if you experience the following side effects of menopause:
- Hot flashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Night sweats
- Mood changes
- Sleep problems
- Bone thinning
- Difficulties with memory and concentration
Why Should You Try Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Hormone replacement therapy may help you in the following ways:
- Relieving Menopause Symptoms- These include hot flashes, difficulty sleeping, excessive sweating at night, chills, and vaginal dryness.
- Improving Vaginal Issues- Holistic hormone replacement therapy can substantially help maintain vaginal health. It restores your pH balance, preventing various conditions, such as vaginal dryness, atrophic vaginitis, and vulvar atrophy.
- Preventing Ovary Issues- As you know, estrogen is produced by ovaries. Some people may experience low estrogen levels even before reaching menopause, which may adversely affect their ovaries. If the estrogen is not replaced, one may experience female hypogonadism or failure of both ovaries.
- Protecting Your Bones- Hormone replacement therapy may reverse bone loss during menopause.
Some women don't have any health issues during menopause. However, others experience severe symptoms due to low estrogen levels, and they need holistic hormone replacement therapy. For more information, contact a holistic hormone replacement service, such as Southern Integrative & Environmental Medical.